District of Columbia Man Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Burglaries in Northwest Washington

District of Columbia Man Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Burglaries in Northwest Washington

            WASHINGTON – Rayshonne Marbley, 48, of Washington, D.C., was sentenced today to an eight-year prison term on charges stemming from a series of break-ins and thefts in Northwest Washington in June 2022.

            The announcement was made by U.S. Attorney Matthew M. Graves and Robert J. Contee III, Chief of the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD).

            Marbley pleaded guilty in October 2022, in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, to two counts of second-degree burglary.  The Honorable Michael O’Keefe sentenced Marbley today to an aggregate term of eight years’ imprisonment. Following his prison term, Marbley will be placed on three years of supervised release.

            According to the government’s evidence, on June 6, 2022, shortly after 3:00 p.m., Marbley entered an occupied home in the 3000 block of 11th Street NW. The resident’s child was awoken to the sound of her bedroom doorknob being turned and observed Marbley looking at her from another bedroom door. Marbley took various electronics before leaving the house. Marbley then entered another occupied home in the area before being chased out by the resident. Marbley again took various electronics on his way out of the house. A short time later, police were able to locate and apprehend Marbley. In his possession were various electronics taken from the two residences.

            In announcing the sentence, U.S. Attorney Graves and Chief Contee expressed appreciation for the work of those investigating the cases from MPD.  They also acknowledged the efforts of those working on the case from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, including Paralegal Specialist Debra McPherson and Victim Advocate Latrice Washington-Williams. 

            Finally, they commended the work of Assistant U.S. Attorney Shalin Nohria, who investigated and prosecuted the cases.

Go to Source

If you have specific legal questions in the United States, feel free to look around Legal Help Near Me to see if there are any qualified legal representatives that can help you for free. Legal matters can oftentimes be solved with a simple conversation and a pointed link to the required state solution.